NYC Marches For Nader on November 4th

christine karatnytsky christinekaratnytsky at juno.com
Thu Nov 2 11:17:19 PST 2000

NYC GREENS MARCH TO DECLARE "A VOTE FOR NADER IS A VOTE FOR NADER"

BILLIONAIRES FOR BUSH (OR GORE) COUNTER-PROTEST: "A VOTE FOR GORE IS A VOTE FOR BUSH"

New York--Three days before the election, the New York City Green Party will get out the vote for Ralph Nader, Winona LaDuke and the true spirit of American democracy in a march down Broadway on Saturday, November 4th.

With the same energy that fired up the crowd when Nader rocked a sold-out Madison Square Garden, the Greens will bring one key message to the streets: "A Vote for Nader is A Vote for Nader!"

At the same time, the Greens' wealthiest rivals, the Billionaires for Bush (or Gore) will stage a counter-protest to declare, "Who needs democracy? A vote for Nader may be a vote for Nader, but a vote for Gore is a vote for Bush! Ain't plutocracy grand?"

Marchers will assemble at noon near Columbia University, on the east side of Broadway near 116th Street, where they will watch the super-rich get their unjust rewards in the Billionaires "The Plutocracy Awards" ceremony honoring some of corporate America's largest campaign donors. The Greens will witness the posh display as the Billionaires down Dom Perignon, binge on beluga, and tap their toes to the tunes of Mya Cash and the Billionaire Chorus (having purchased the rights to such pop classics as "Buy, Buy Love," "99 Red Baloons," and Madonna's "Vogue," the Bills will serenade the crowd with such tunes as "Buy, Buy Bush," "66 Companies," and "Vote").

At 12:30, parade marshall Mr. Greenjeans, attended by the starting line-up of the Green Bay Packers, will lead marchers through the heart of Manhattan's liberal Upper West Side in opposition to the taunts of the Billionaires and the jeers of any nay-saying Republicrats along the way. Armed with facts about the corruption of the two-party system, hope for a progressive future and good cheer for the present, the Greens will support Nader's quest for "a government of, by, and for the people," instead of what the Republicrats have brought us, a "government of the Exxons, by the General Motors, and for the DuPonts."

Accompanied by music, noisemakers and song the Greens' march will arrive by 2:30 p.m. to Lincoln Center's Dante Park. The event will culminate with a classical floutist serenading the crowd as the Billionaires waltz during their celebratory Pre-Election Victory Ball. "We're bi-partisan. We buy Republicans and Democrats," said Billionaire spokesman Phil T. Rich. "We've voted with our money, so we don't have to wait until Nov. 7 to know that we've already won this election."

The Greens encourage the attendence of every individual who opoposes the arrogance of the Billionaires and the influence of big money over our corrupt two-party sytem.

Let's get out the Vote for Ralph Nader and Winona LaDuke in a big way. Let's show the country that a green New York is not only possible but preferable. March with us on Saturday!

Contact Chris Karatnytsky for further information.