Nader & strategic voting

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 2 12:10:17 PST 2000

>Problem is, I believe network policy is to announce no results
until polls have closed on the West Coast.

mbs

Back in '80 Carter conceded early (think around 7PM P.S.T.) and a fairly decent liberal Congressman (Jim Corbin?, had been in for years, was a co-sponsor of the Dellums National Health Care bill) was trounced by a right-wing one note anti-busing candidate, Bobbi Fiedler. BTW, in that election, my first, voted for the Citizens Party. Anyone remember the #'ers there? (Not trying to be snide! I think Gore is gonna lose by a 3-5%, and despite some wavering, in the end am gonna vote for Nader)

Michael Pugliese