URGENT - Nader trader

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 2 14:17:53 PST 2000

At 01:24 PM 11/2/00 -0500, Barkley wrote:
> Can someone explain why Nader trader is illegal?
>It is true that Nader has expressed his personal
>opposition to it. But, unlike Napster, there is no
>copyrighted property involved. There is no money
>involved. Whose rights are being violated by this?
>What regulation or law does it violate?
>Barkley Rosser

I do not think there is anything illegal in voter swapping - it is is essence private persons persuading each other how to vote, e.g. by saying "I hate your politics so much that having learned that you will vote for tweedledum, I changed my mind and will vote for tweedledee" or "I respect you so much that having learned that you will vote for tweedledum, I changed my mind and will vot efor him as well."

This vote trading site is opertaional and shows no signs of illegality. http://www.winwincampaign.org/

In fact, the number of traders doubled since yesterday. Despite my earlier intention to vote for Gore, expressed earlier in this forum, I am considering trading my vote, since MD is a Gore-secure state.

wojtek