URGENT - Nader trader

Fri Nov 3 08:58:37 PST 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Chuck0 wrote:

> "W. Kiernan" wrote:
>
> > While you're poking around on line, have a look at http://62.116.31.68,
> > which used to be vote-auction.com until internic pulled the plug on that
> > domain name just yesterday.
>
> You know, I think more and more people are going to get pissed off about
> this, because it's becoming apparent that buying a domain name is simply
> buying a license to publish. What the courts and lawyers are doing is
> the 21st century equivalent of seizing printing presses.

Yes - but unfortunately, most people don't have any experience with these printing presses, and variations on the old 'printing is a font of blasphemy' theme are being used to justify these seizures.

Its really, really scary (as, btw, is that story of how Andres Salamon got raided).

CB: The ruling class of this age knows that its ideas will not continue to rule the age automatically. The rule of their ideas must be enforced by force and law, as in all ages.

What is to be done ?