Not quite the worst sort of leftist

debsian at pacbell.net debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 3 10:09:26 PST 2000

PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:02:29 -0800 Sender: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Precedence: bulk Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

Heh, "Revolutionary Anarchist Bowling League, " Chuck0 gets around!

Michael Pugliese

Message: 3 Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:04:54 -0600 From: "T.E. Wilder" <contramundum at wavefront.com> Subject: Re: Re: Not quite the worst sort of leftist

On Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:03:32 -0800, Michael Pugliese wrote:

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:57:39 -0500
>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>Subject: Re: Fw:Not quite the worst sort of leftist
>
>Michael Pugliese wrote:
>
>>Message: 5
>> Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:49:36 -0600
>> From: "T.E. Wilder" <contramundum at wavefront.com>
>>Subject: Not quite the worst sort of leftist
>>
>>On my way to work this morning I noticed that the far left
had taped up
>>posters (of an article from Doug Henwood's Left Business Observer

>>http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/LBO_home.html ) denouncing Nader
as a
>>petit bourgeois moralizer. So the Green Party left can't quite
be the
>>worst sort.
>>
>>I dropped by the Nader-Ventura show last night to see what
I could see.
>>I thought there might be some interesting weirdos hanging around.
All
>>there was to see was the TV production trucks parked outside
and police
>>at all the building entrances. The policeman at the back door
clutched
>>his holster and shifted on his feet uneasily when he saw me.
I must
>>have look sinister to him. Then he tried to pretend he wasn't
looking
>>at me.
>>

>Comrade Wilder, if you'd taken a closer look at the article
you'd see
>that it was actually an endorsement of Nader.
>
>Doug

Nope. I called him a union buster, and denounced him for smearing union organizers and opponents with false stories, and for calling "me" (presumably Henwood, if we are to believe the web link included in the text) a communist. This is not the article on Nader that is currently

on Henwood's web site.

As of today, these posters have been pulled off and replaced with Nader bumper stickers. As for what leftist group put them up in the first place, they did not put any identifying statement on the posters, and there are plenty around here that could be the ones, such Progressive

Student Association, or RABL (Revolutionary Anarchist Bowling League).

T.E. Wilder contramundum at wavefront.com http://www.visi.com/~contra_m/

----- Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!