If you see someone beating his dead horse, share your viagara

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Nov 4 15:29:31 PST 2000

> > A few women do play the game, but -- like gang banging -- it remains
> > every bit a characteristically male adolescent piece of "rebellion"
> > even with that female presence.

and a big hearty, wet, liplocking smooch for dismissing women's roles in a long tradition of rebellious protest. and yes, i know, one of your points is that anarchist's seem peculiarly ignorant of political protests of the past.

nonetheless, i do know without a doubt that women have never been and are not now, incapable of engaging in this so-called "characteristically male adolescent" behavior. indeed, women suffragettes pelleted acid at parliament members. women peasants hurled flour and other food staples in many many workers' revolts, and women in france threatened to burn down the home of an early industrialist. there are many more examples.

what is striking about them, however, is they all took place before the idea of adolescence gripped the public imagination in the west.

in short, i'll thank you very much--with a tender loving smooch on top--if you'd stop appropriating feminism and the voice of "women" in order to grind your axe on others' heads.

chuck0 and i have gone 'round about various related matters and sometimes i've poked around about the need for a diversity of political strategies and practices so that we keep "them" off guard, rather than always engaging in the tear it down and smash it up approach of *some instantiations* of black blocs. it would be nice, i might add, if before you criticize THE black bloc, you might catch an errant klew and figure out that black blocs aren't permanent organizations with a ready-made set of political strategies, but contour their actions to the protest and *context* at hand.

that you can't be bothered to know that little bit about anarchist methods bespeaks an astonishing hubris which puts to shame any arrogance you seem to think you find in young people's refusal to genuflect at the altar of the The Great Protestors Who Knoweth All and Respecteth The Great Protestors Who Came Before Who Knoweth All and Respeceth All The Great Protestors Who Came Before Who...blahfuckedtyblah....

if repetition is what you want, crank up the old hi-fi.

kelley *apologies to those who've seen this before. it was even more appropros than the first time i slagged it.