If you see someone beating his dead horse, share your viagara

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 4 14:46:21 PST 2000

kelley:

Yes, there are many examples of women getting physical in pursuit or defense of political goals. On the plus side, there were the women who fought for the Spanish Republic -- particularly in Barcelona, but elsewhere too. On the negative (but highly entertaining) side, there were the women of the Weather Underground, in particular Bernadine Dohrn, who affected a macho guerrilla stance during the Days of Rage and afterward, a stance that was beautifully captured by Kirkpatrick Sale in his book "SDS", and rather salaciously described by Peter Collier and David Horowitz in a Rolling Stone piece on the demise of Weather.

Of course there were the Manson women, but I never really liked their politics.

DP