Sarah Jessica Parker pressed into service

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sun Nov 5 15:46:21 PST 2000

> Gore supports the banning of "partial birth" abortions, right?
> Doug

Raises a point, for me at least. At first blush choice is a reason to vote Gore v. Bush. But Gore is flaky on the very 'border' issues that the pro-choice movement fears lead to much worse. And Gore is nowhere, far as I can see, on the access issue.

gore is strong on the legal right to an abortion in 'most' cases, but there is no political risk in this position at all. Anyone who challenged it head on would be slaughtered.

mbs