What Do Unions Get for Helping Dems?

Sun Nov 5 16:39:50 PST 2000

>Brad De Long wrote:
>
>>health care reform was the number one priority.
>
>Wow. They sure fucked that one up, didn't they? Did they do as well
>with #2 and #3? Where'd NAFTA rank?
>
>Doug

The list of priorities that I took out of the spring 1993 meetings was:

1. Health care reform 2. Deficit reduction 3. Tax increases on the rich and tax cuts for the poor 4. BTU tax for environmental responsibility 5. Short-run stimulus package 6. NAFTA 7. Welfare reform 8. Open Japanese markets 9. Boost public investment 10. GATT

Of course, this is only my view of what White House priorities were as of May 1993...

Brad DeLong