The Green Machine (Ralph + Noam?)

Roger Odisio rodisio at igc.org
Mon Nov 6 13:38:48 PST 2000

Chuck0 wrote:

> Yes, some anarchists are voting for Ralph. They do so as individuals,
> not because of their anarchism.

You mean there is no (possible) anarchist position for voting for Ralph? No way to use the state against itself (not only by voting in this instance, but in countless other ways opened up by Nader's publicizing some of the central questions about capitalism)?

So what's your reasons for not voting for Nader, Chuck, either as an individual or anarchist? You have acknowledged some good things that have come from what Nader is saying and doing. What tips the scale to negative for you? You know, of course, that the decision is *not* whether or not to vote (as you have posed it so far), but whether to vote for Nader or not vote.

> Chomsky's anarchism is the subject of some controversy within the
> anarchist movement. He's written several articles about why he supports
> anarchism, at least in the long term. I'm one of those who sees Chomsky
> as anarchist, albeit one who is flexible as the circumstances dictate.

And you see yourself as inflexible, at least on this point?

RO