Building a snowball that doesn't melt

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 6 15:49:36 PST 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

>So win or lose tomorrow, all I can say is - can't we all just get along :)

I'm for this, with only a few exceptions.

I think, though, that the groups you mention as good guys - NAACP, NARAL, NOW, the Sierra Club - deserve some pretty severe scrutiny for their political role in binding "progressives" to a Democratic Party that too rarely passes up an opportunity to betray them. Sharp discourse is one thing - I'm all for it - but you have to look carefully at what set of interests is being served. And it's not a pretty picture.

Doug