election demographics

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 6 14:36:42 PST 2000

What makes you think that the projected 5% belongs to Gore? I'm among that group, and if Nader weren't running, I wouldn't vote for president (but would for local candidates). The Dems have you thinking in authoritarian terms, i.e., that every vote to the left of Bush is automatically theirs. Still, it won't matter. Once Gore goes down (if indeed he does), Brad will blame Nader, as will most of the weeping Dems. That Gore ran one of the worst campaigns since Dukakis will receive slight attention. Jesus, the guy kept Clinton on the bench till the final minute! I despise Clinton to the core, but in corporate election terms, he is a brilliant campaigner, the true heir to Reagan. As Otter said to Flounder in "Animal House," so should Brad say to Gore: "You fucked up!"

DP