election demographics

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Nov 6 15:56:45 PST 2000

>What makes you think that the projected 5% belongs to Gore? I'm among that
>group, and if Nader weren't running, I wouldn't vote for president (but
>would for local candidates).

I understand that if you are to the left of Gore, there is an argument for voting for Nader (alternative-building, sending a message to the DLC, whatever). But if there are only two candidates in the race, there is *no* excuse for and *no* argument for not voting at all.

It is one of the most precious and powerful rights we collectively possess. Not to exercise it is a powerful indication that you are a clueless bozo...

Brad DeLong