election demographics

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Nov 6 16:45:25 PST 2000

>Do you really believe these numbers are that accurate?

No. I have more confidence in polls that show a closer race--and that have shown less day-to-day volatility than Gallup.

>Do you really believe ALL of Nader's support is from Dems who've defected?

No, but one in two. And my belief is that it's gonna be closer than 4. So if Nader gets 5%, I think he's elected Bush.

>Do you really believe Bush senior lost because of Perot?

Yep.

>Do you really believe Gore is going to lose?

90% chance he'll lose the popular vote; 75% chance he'll lose the electoral college...

Brad DeLong