Sarah Jessica Parker pressed into service

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Nov 6 15:26:02 PST 2000

Brad, you're absolutely correct about the potential of radio -- but the way the medium is typically used is appalling. I only hear Michael Krasny when I'm in the Bay Area, but I am impressed.

Relying on the beneficence of the experts is a dangerous proposition. They don't have that good track record. The problem is that organizing an intelligent mass movement is difficult when you're swimming against the tide of crap put out by the corporate media. Here the Telecommunications Act represents one of the many abominations of the Clinton administration. Democracy Now is under attack. I knew of few alternative outlets, even of a far lesser quality.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu