election demographics

John Thornton jthorn16 at home.com
Mon Nov 6 18:27:57 PST 2000

I would consider not voting a minor tactical error, not an error of great significance. John Thornton

Brad DeLong [ I tried to hedge it a little. But I do think that if you don't vote,

you are making a substantial mistake?

Don't you?]

Brad DeLong [I have become a lot less enamored of all forms of direct democracy - and a lot more enamored of elections as picking-smart-hard-working-people-who-approximately-share-your-priorities.]

This sounds a little like you don't trust all those 'clueless bozos'. And this still seems arrogant to me. Or maybe I'm reading you incorrectly. John Thornton