election demographics

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:30:50 PST 2000

Brad,

The argument here was strictly one of Nader's own motives. Presumably he was out to get 5% nationally above all else. As long as he believes that there is not much difference between Bush and Gore, as he apparently does (I did not say that I do), then it was perfectly logical for him to seek his votes wherever he could find them.

The news has been pretty confused this morning, but I gather that Wisconsin did finally go Gore's way, although close as hell with Nader clearly a major factor. Unfortunately, Nader appears to have failed to achieve his 5% while nevertheless (probably) throwing the election to Bush. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Brad DeLong <delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 2:47 AM Subject: Re: election demographics