election demographics

B. Deutsch ennead at teleport.com
Wed Nov 8 10:02:16 PST 2000

: Unfortunately, Nader appears to have failed to achieve
: his 5% while nevertheless (probably) throwing the
: election to Bush.

You could also state that Gore's only goal in going on an all-out blitz to change pro-Nader votes in the last week was just Gore logically seeking his votes where he could find them.

Unfortunately, Gore appears to have failed to achieve his win while nevertheless (possibly) frightening enough Nader voters to deny Nader the 5%.

--BD

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Barkley Rosser, Jr." <rosserjb at jmu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:30 AM Subject: Re: election demographics

: Brad,
: The argument here was strictly one of
: Nader's own motives. Presumably he was
: out to get 5% nationally above all else. As
: long as he believes that there is not much
: difference between Bush and Gore, as he
: apparently does (I did not say that I do), then
: it was perfectly logical for him to seek his votes
: wherever he could find them.
: The news has been pretty confused this morning,
: but I gather that Wisconsin did finally go Gore's way,
: although close as hell with Nader clearly a major factor.
: Unfortunately, Nader appears to have failed to achieve
: his 5% while nevertheless (probably) throwing the
: election to Bush.
: Barkley Rosser