election demographics

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 8 10:38:10 PST 2000

At 12:56 PM 11/8/00 -0500, Barkley wrote:
>Wojtek,
> Actually, as Michael Perelman suggested
>over on pen-l, it will probably take a mother of
>a recession, which might well be in the cards.

Hmmm. So it is my retirement account versus my ideology, no? Hard choice, especially that it can easily lend itself to the "young workers vs. geezer rentiers" rhetoric that already resonates amidst Schrubbery.

The mother of recessions in 1929 produced the New Deal but also the Third Reich. How do we know which one will we get next time?

wojtek