Lonely on LBO

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 8 11:10:22 PST 2000

Kevin Quinn wrote:

> Were we all so stupid and duped, casting our vote
> for Satan rather than Beezlebub when Michael the Archangel was a candidate?!

People have a right to be wrong without being considerd duped, Satanic, whatever. It makes sense, actually, to believe in those who others regard as leaders. It happens to be terribly wrong at the center of the Evil Empire -- but it isn't stupid. It is wrong to be one of those who potentially could create a context in which minds would change -- and deliberately throw that potential power to the aid of the War Criminals and Welfare-Mother batterers.

I have nothing at all against the millions of people who voted for *either* Gore or Bush. I have a lot against those on these lists who give up on the future and make peace with the likes of a Gore. The dying children of Iraq salute thee!

Carrol