Lonely on LBO

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Nov 8 14:09:54 PST 2000

Kevin Quinn wrote:

> But really, Doug, doesn't it matter at all to you who labor and minorities
> and gays etc voted for? Were we all so stupid and duped, casting our vote
> for Satan rather than Beezlebub when Michael the Archangel was a candidate?!

Stupid and shortsighted would be the words that I would use.

Also, a willingness to ignore the Clinton/Gore record because the Four Horsemen of the Bushcalypse are having lunch around the corner.

Actually, we should talk about the class divisions within the gay movement and minority communities. It seems that the middle class members of these communities have succumbed to apocalyptic thinking about Bush, while the working class members are more cynical about the whole thing.

At least that's the impression I got during my anti-voting picket yesterday.

Chuck0