election demographics

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Nov 8 13:03:21 PST 2000

B. Deutsch,

Guesses are cheap. The Nader people themselves have said that 70% of their Fla. voters would have gone for Gore otherwise.

Look, I was a Nader trader and wanted to see him do well nationally without throwing the election to Gore. Those who persisted in voting for him swing in states should face up to the implications of what they have done and not shilly shally around with half-baked phoney arguments that are not supported by the data, especially this pathetic fantasy that almost none of the Florida Nader voters would have voted for Gore with Nader not on the ballot.

I thought that the hard core Nader supporters on this list supposedly see no difference between Bush and Gore. Hey, Gore is killing children in Iraq!!! etc. etc. I would suggest that those who are now whining that they are not responsible for Bush being elected should stop whining and live with their responsibility. Let's all hope for the best (James Brown, and all that). But let us not have people being deluded. I live 20 miles from the West Virginia border and an awful lot of the discussion on this list has had an incredible air of unreality about it, including what Gore would have needed to do to win. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: B. Deutsch <ennead at teleport.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 3:49 PM Subject: Re: election demographics