election demographics

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:46:42 PST 2000

"J. Barkley Rosser, Jr." wrote:

> Justin,
> Well, how about George McGovern?

Yeah, he stole organizers from anti-war activity -- which led to one of the few instances of my depression-fueled temper explosions that I don't regret. A student here had quite on his own initiative gotten an anti-war group going in the summer of 1972. At the first meeting (a rather large one) this goofball shows up and gives a long harangue on how we should pitch in to help the McGovern campaign. So I got up and said that the fucking democrats had enough money to hire their own fucking hall and put out their own fucking leaflets and do their own fucking canvassing without coming and trying to fuck up the works for the first decent political activity around the fucking university since Kent and Jackson State. I said a lot more. He slunk away.

Carrol