election demographics

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:11:24 PST 2000

Justin,

Well, how about George McGovern? Couldn't even take his own state. Just another wanker, eh?

I was not here then, but his run triggered the shift of the Byrd machine from the Demos to the Repugs, who now control not only the legislature, but all the top offices in the state without having gone Demo for prez since LBJ. Lot more of that went on.

Now, this did not keep me from being a policy adviser for old George when he ran again in 1984 as the "conscience of the Democratic Party." For those who remember his debate performance in Iowa that year (came in third in the caucuses), I was the author of his proposal to cut the DOD budget by $ 63 billion that he trumpeted then. Oh well.... Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Justin Schwartz <jkschw at hotmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 5:26 PM Subject: Re: election demographics