Summary of Nader analysis

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 06:01:40 PST 2000

There's no way with a 50/50 Congress that
>Bush will get anything really facsist through, and that includes
>judges. Christ, the Repugs have managed to hold off something
>like 2/3 of the judges that Clinton has tried to appoint, I see
>no reason why this can't go on for 4 more years during a Shrubya
>presidency.

Alas, no such luck on the high court. The Repus have the courage of their convictions. The Dems okayed Rehnquist, Scalia (98-0!) Thomas, etc. Apart from Stevens, appointed by Ford, he most progressive justice on the S,Ct is Souter, appointed by Bush I. Clinton gave us Ginsburg and Breyer, who are not nearly as good from our point of view. Now the lowers courts are another story. There Dem appointments are generally much better. --jks _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.