President Gore

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Fri Nov 10 09:18:35 PST 2000

so max, you don't think anything will come of the legal dispute over whether the palm beach county was legit by the express standard of florida law in the first place? if not, why? do you agree w/ doug that gore will be persuaded to step aside without mounting a full-blown legal challenge?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Max Sawicky Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 11:00 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: President Gore

Less powerful as a prognosticator. But there are still the mili ballots and those 1,500 or so (reported today, so it's more than a rumor) absentee ballots due in from Israel. If there is anything to the reports of irregularities -- and I'm not talking about incorrectly marked ballots -- Gore actually won in Florida.

Objectively speaking, I don't think the Dems have a case re: people who punched the wrong hole. Literal vote fraud -- miscounting of correctly cast votes -- is their only legitimate issue, IMO.

All the hoohah about other stuff serves a different purpose -- to delegitimize Bush before he even gets inaugurated. Not an unworthy enterprise.

mbs