FL attorney general rumor: revote in Palm Beach "solidly" supported by FL law

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Sat Nov 11 12:13:00 PST 2000

Can't say why I know this (although I may have more soon) but not only is it sold law, there at least one example of a GOP Congressional candidate filing suit to force a hand recount. There are a number of other cases as well, including one that is real explosive for the GOP.

Hope to have more on this soon.

-- Nathan Newman

----- Original Message ----- From: "RE" <earnest at tallynet.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 2:06 PM Subject: FL attorney general rumor: revote in Palm Beach "solidly" supported by FL law

a reasonably sound, second-order rumor/report: a friend tells me that a friend of hers who works in the FL attorney general's office was called in at 5:45 Wednesday morning to work with a group on an opinion regarding whether a revote in Palm Beach should be called. Their group found FL law "solidly" supports a revote. The person I spoke with had forgotten the argument, but when I mentioned that I'd seen a piece at the LATimes website in which two lawyers said that FL law specifies that ballots have a particular format that the Palm Beach form violates, she said she thought that was the rationale.

re