FL attorney general rumor: revote in Palm Beach "solidly" supported by FL law

RE earnest at tallynet.com
Sat Nov 11 11:06:20 PST 2000

a reasonably sound, second-order rumor/report: a friend tells me that a friend of hers who works in the FL attorney general's office was called in at 5:45 Wednesday morning to work with a group on an opinion regarding whether a revote in Palm Beach should be called. Their group found FL law "solidly" supports a revote. The person I spoke with had forgotten the argument, but when I mentioned that I'd seen a piece at the LATimes website in which two lawyers said that FL law specifies that ballots have a particular format that the Palm Beach form violates, she said she thought that was the rationale.

re