economic stats (as if people mattered)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sat Nov 11 16:01:24 PST 2000

> It would be a very rare Polish person to pass for Latino. And it
> takes a very rare Polish person to identify himself/herself as black,
> instead as white, in America. In any case, your assertion is utterly
> ungrounded in empirically verifiable evidence. Yoshie

I wouldn't be too sure. Take away Wojtek's trotsky eyeglasses and facial growth, put him in the right clothes and place, and you wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd of latinos.

Seems to me anyone who isn't blonde/Nordic could pass for Latino. Except if they were black. Then they could actually be latino, but that possibility would be glossed over.

mbs