Shelley McKinney

Tony B. oldfart at networkidl.net
Sun Nov 12 07:31:56 PST 2000

item 6 might just be useful to someone on lifesupport, could be an incentive to get well enough to castigate this vituperative b**** ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Wheeler" <twbounds at pop.mail.rcn.net> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 10:53 AM Subject: Shelley McKinney

> [...]
> a Republican, and a Republican who thinks you're all a bunch of feckless
> lackwits, to boot. I just want to be kindly and helpful and give you a few
> hints that might smooth your paths as your trudge and toil through the
> complex maze of modern living that all of us experience.
>
> 1. When preparing to eat a Twinkie, take off the wrapper first.
>
> 2. To open a can of soda pop, it is not necessary to bite a hole in the
side
> of the can with your teeth and consequently cough, choke and splutter as
> your
> beverage cascades out over your shirt.
>
> 3. When making a peanut butter sandwich, do not place the jar of peanut
> butter between two slices of bread and attempt to chew it up; it will only
> damage your teeth. Unscrew the lid of the jar, remove some peanut butter
> with
> a (blunt) knife and carefully spread the peanut butter on the bread.
>
> 4. To moisten the mucilage on an envelope, it is NOT necessary to draw the
> envelope's flap across the surface of your eyeballs: allow your tongue to
> protrude slightly from your mouth and glide the flap across it. Better get
> into practice before it's time to mail out those holiday greetings!
>
> 5. To don a pair of trousers, use twisty-ties to secure two side
belt-loops
> to two chairs (I recommend a Windsor comb-back style for this.) When the
> trousers are affixed in an upright position, move to a position across the
> room and take a flying leap in the manner of a person leaping over a
> track-and-field hurdle. Attempt to insert both of your legs into the
trouser
> legs simultaneously. Repeat this exercise as often as needed until you are
> adequately attired, if somewhat bruised. Don't forget to dis-attach the
> twisty-ties on your belt loops from the chairs, because dragging around
two
> Windsor comb-back side chairs could prove cumbersome.
>
> 6. When voting in an election, as is both your right and your duty as a
> citizen of the United States of America, peruse your ballot slip and the
> template carefully before you just start merrily jabbing away with the
> provided stylus. Voting is a serious and somber business and shouldn't be
> attempted by anyone who can't visually follow an arrow from the
candidate's
> name to the correct hole. Anybody who can't figure this out deserves to
have
> voted for Pat Buchanan.
>
> I feel justified in being somewhat stern with all of you about this, since
> this is the second time you've muffed up these ballots. Jim Smith, the
> former
> Florida Secretary of State, reported to CNN that in the 1996 election,
> 15,000
> ballots had to be trashed because of people who got that stylus gripped in
> their sweaty little palms and went temporarily insane. The idea here is
NOT