economic stats (as if people mattered)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Nov 12 20:45:58 PST 2000

At 11:09 PM 11/12/00 -0500, Gary Ashwill wrote:
>on 11/12/00 12:09 PM, Carrol Cox at cbcox at ilstu.edu wrote:
>
> > In reference to racism (and *all* racism in the United States is derivative
> > from racism focused on blacks), quibbles are objectively defenses of
> racism.
>
>The context (arguing about "racism" suffered by Europeans) partly justifies

let me repeat: i was NOT arguing about racism suffered by europeans. i was pointing out that europeans with dark skin are treated as if they are latino.

that's an entirely different ball of wax than saying, "gee the irish were discriminated against'

as for the rest, yes, of course. i don't think, either, that all racism is derivative of racism against blacks. racialization is part and parcel of capitalism, but it takes different forms at different historical moments. the racism against asian americans in this country was and remains quite different.

thank you for reading,

kelley

ps. perhaps dennis you get why i was pissed off at being labeled as someone engaging in the above, yes? especially since two respondents have read me for two years on this topic.