Hail the Hitler-Stalin pact!

Tue Nov 14 13:42:32 PST 2000

Charles Brown wrote:

> Soviet-German non-Agression Pact is and was eminently supportable.
>It helped saved the world from Nazism.

Wow. You don't see this argument made every day. Reading it is a bit like walking out the door and seeing a mastodon dining on a dodo.

CB: Gee, we just had a big long thread on it, where I argued it at length. I thought it was on LBO-Talk or am I forgetting something.

No , I am the upto date , living thinker. You are the one with the stale dodo bird anti-communism. In fact, we might be extinct like dodo birds if the heroic Soviet people and Red Army had not gotten the extra time from the non-aggression pact that allowed them to finally annihilate the Nazis. 95%of Nazi casualties in the war were inflicted by the Red Army. In other words it WAS the Red Army, not the U.S. that defeated the Nazis.

Soviets sought alliance with France and Britain before non-Aggression pact with Germany.

Any attempt to paint Soviet move as indicating affinity for Nazis is dumbdumb, but anti-Sovieteers, Arendtist "totalitarian"theorists love to play this superficial interpretation. Soviets knew they were the Nazis main target, and that the Nazis would eventrually break the pact., but the time Soviets gained probably allowed them to defeat Nazis and save themselves and the world.

See archives for the rest.