Voter Fraud,etc.

Mark Rickling rickling at mailandnews.com
Wed Nov 15 08:19:50 PST 2000

From: "Tom Lehman" <TLehman at lor.net>

> The story the UAW worthy's are telling about the Gore staffer assigned to
work with the UAW in Ohio is pretty funny. The Gore staffer shows up driving a Toyota. Then there's one of my personal favorite Women of Steel assigned to work with the AFL-CIO 2000 and she's driving a Toyota too. In the immortal words of one Ohio congressperson, "beam me up."

The UAW assembles a whole host of "foreign" cars, including the Toyota Corolla, which is manufactured at the NUMMI plant in California. I drive one of these cars, except it says "Geo" instead of "Toyota." The CAW also makes a number of Toyotas. Have you checked out Dana Frank's book, _Buy American: The Untold Story of Economic Nationalism_? I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

mark