Fwd: Language of Betrayal

Leo Casey leoecasey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 15:53:54 PST 2000

What a political program, Chuck, sure to capture the support of the great masses of American workers and peasants, as they march happily into the sunset under the black flag --

1. we will defend your right to have an abortion by appearing with our guns outside of your clinics -- what more could a woman want?;

2. we will ignore the loss of affirmative action -- we have all the color we need in our flag;

3. we will abolish the Supreme Court -- say good-bye to the Bill of Rights, that document of bourgeois right;

4. we will abolish the NLRB and all government institutions which have the capacity to protect the rights of workers to organize collectively because they are really a crutch the labor movement does not need;

5. we will abolish all schools; they suck ass [BTW, Chucky, if you are referring her to the sexual practice commonly known as "rimming," I hate to break it to you, but there a lot of folks who actually want to do it];

6. instant, on the spot execution for those who engage in hate crimes; stop the government from executions, let anarchist vigilantes do it instead;

7. abolish all taxes, especially the ones that provide funding for a social security net for the elderly, the sick, the poor, for schools, for health care, for public transportation, for public housing;

8. make common cause with Bush by opposing all increases to the military budget designed to pay enough to enlistees to get them off food stamps;

9. end all government grants to the arts, so all artists will become freedom-loving.

What, you left out free communal soccer??? What else can we do in your state of nature but play soccer before the war of all against all breaks out?

Now surely Doug would never need to use his highly refined bullshit detector on such a finely wrought political program, even if he did not receive sycophantic praise from its author.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --