Fwd: Language of Betrayal

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Nov 22 19:07:39 PST 2000

Leo Casey wrote:

> What a political program, Chuck, sure to capture the
> support of the great masses of American workers and
> peasants, as they march happily into the sunset under
> the black flag --
>
> 1. we will defend your right to have an abortion by
> appearing with our guns outside of your clinics --
> what more could a woman want?;

Did you read the rest of my statement? I said that in the meantime we're working to establish women's clinic and health cooperatives.

The gun part would simply put the right wing on notice that their little program to protect fetuses will come at a bigger price.

> 2. we will ignore the loss of affirmative action --
> we have all the color we need in our flag;

Government programs are lousy ways to change people's consciousness. Being an ignorant liberal, I don't expect you to understand this. We could do alot to get rid of racism and white supremacy if we at least dispensed with the liberal notion that a few laws will change things. Racism won't go away by punishing racists, changing the minds of racists is more effective.

That's not an easy thing to do, so it's easy to see why so many people opt for cotton candy solutions like affirmative action.

> 3. we will abolish the Supreme Court -- say good-bye
> to the Bill of Rights, that document of bourgeois
> right;

Leo, you need to pull your head out of your ass and smell the political winds for a change. The Bill of Rights, or any other document that none of us have had any input on, aren't worth a damn if you don't assert and fight for those rights everyday.

Bill of Rights? They didn't prevent the Secret Service from breaking into my friend's apartment before A16. They haven't done squat for us activists this year when it comes to having our say on the streets.

See the following URL for starters: http://www.radio4all.org/anarchy/union.html

> 5. we will abolish all schools; they suck ass [BTW,
> Chucky, if you are referring her to the sexual
> practice commonly known as "rimming," I hate to
> break it to you, but there a lot of folks who actually
> want to do it];

Damn straight. Let's get rid of schools. We don't need them. They interfer with learning.

> 6. instant, on the spot execution for those who engage
> in hate crimes; stop the government from executions,
> let anarchist vigilantes do it instead;

Let people do it.

> 7. abolish all taxes, especially the ones that
> provide funding for a social security net for the
> elderly, the sick, the poor, for schools, for health
> care, for public transportation, for public housing;

You call yourself a Leftist and a teacher? I'm sure you understand the anarchist position on taxes and the government. I'm for all of those things as long as they are provided by the community, not the government.

Leo, buddy, you need to get out more often. There are other ways, time-honered ways, to provide social services, other than by government.

> 8. make common cause with Bush by opposing all
> increases to the military budget designed to pay
> enough to enlistees to get them off food stamps;

Huh? Can somebody fill Leo the Teacher in on military expenditures under the Clinton administration?

> 9. end all government grants to the arts, so all
> artists will become freedom-loving.

Think about this a little bit and get back to me.

> What, you left out free communal soccer??? What else
> can we do in your state of nature but play soccer
> before the war of all against all breaks out?

What the fuck does soccer have to do with this? Are you saying that you'd rather have a society where solidarity and getting some good physical exercise would be outlawed?

> Now surely Doug would never need to use his highly
> refined bullshit detector on such a finely wrought
> political program, even if he did not receive
> sycophantic praise from its author.

It a more radical alternative than having your nose stuck up the ass of the Democratic Party.

Chuck0