Addiction, Advertising, & Easy Virtue (was Re: How far do we go?)

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Thu Nov 23 18:32:36 PST 2000

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> those who are antiporn in a political (as
> opposed to a strictly aesthetic) sense usually hold authoritarian > views on a variety of topics

Does the content of a worldwide, multibillion dollar industry largely about men taking incredibly one-sided pleasure at the expense of women really not matter (apart from aesthetics)? Perhaps you're not really aware of the nature of contemporary porn. Next time you're in a video shop take a good look around the back room and see if you feel the same way.

Uday