coup d'Etat

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Sun Nov 26 19:45:44 PST 2000

Well, Scrub just finished his victory speech. Any body watch it?

Why did the old movie, `Seven Days in May' with Burt Lancaster playing an army general who stages a military take over of the US, seem to come to mind?

I think, but I am not quite sure yet, that looked like George Bush Junior and his right wing aids just staged a coup d'Etat. They are headed to Washington to fill in the transition team headquarters. The GSA chief says they wouldn't open it up the stores. Hmm.

Why wait for the official electoral college vote and the court rulings? These are mere formalities, as is the popular vote where he lost by a quarter million votes. Hell, his brother's appointed official Cruella of Florida said he was the winner, and that's good enough for me. How about you?

Chuck Grimes

PS. Even though I gave Chris Niles a hard time, I gotta admit, this country is getting whiter every day. Clinton wasn't white enough to be president so they impeached him and now that the popular vote isn't white enough any more, we can just assume the whitest candidate won. Although it was a close call, I suspect Bush is probably even whiter than Gore.