Election Crisis and Electoral Reform

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 28 21:07:00 PST 2000

>At 03:49 PM 11/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Here's my proposal. The Greens will bury the hatchet after the Dems
>>apologize for the thousands of Iraqi children that their leaders have
>>killed in the past 8 years.
>>

>Please stop this nonsense: these children are dying because Hussein won't
>import the medicines they need. He can sell as much oil as he likes to
>import medicine and food--he simply refuses to do so, in great part so that
>he can call the US child murderers and be believed by people who aren't
>paying attention. There are lots of things to blame Clinton-Gore for; this
>isn't one of them.

A little overstated. But it does seem that calls for an immediate end to the Iraqi sanctions regime are in substance calls for the replacement of the current oil-for-food program with an oil-for-weapons program...

Brad DeLong -- J. Bradford DeLong Professor of Economics, U.C. Berkeley 601 Evans Hall, #3880 Berkeley, CA 94720-3880 (510) 643-4027 voice (510) 642-6615 fax http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/ delong at econ.berkeley.edu