Federal Reserve - private or government owned?

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 11:39:45 PDT 2000

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote: >

> There are two main conspiracist variants:
>
> secular: secret banking elites own the Fed to suck
> money out of the middle
> class. See: G. Edward Griffin, The Creature from
> Jekyll Island.
>
> antisemitic: same as above but it is Jewish bankers
> controlled by the
> Rothschilds. See: Eustace Mullins, Secrets of the
> Federal Reserve.

I don't know how things are in the good ol' meritocratic USA, but from my experience at the BoE, the possession of a name like Baring, Rothschild, Fleming or Hambro certainly gave one an instant pass to the Governor's office. Maybe not "control", but members of those families had influence and power out of all proportion to the size of their banks (Schroders, in contrast, didn't, as the family had more or less moved on). There's a grain of truth to this sort of idea, if no more than a grain. In Spain, AFAICS, there's much more than a grain; the entire financial system is more or less the Royal Court circa 1689.

"The world is not controlled by small self-interested cliques, but it is often a useful analytical tool to treat it as if it were", as Petchy used to say ....

dd