the Cheney rumor & *%@X! Nader

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Fri Oct 6 13:37:37 PDT 2000

I am a member of the national Katharian political heresy.

In states where the vote counts, vote Democratic. Where the vote doesn't matter, vote Nader.

I figure, throw some millions at the Greens and see what trouble they can stir up. Showering agrarian Utopian Luddites with cash, now that appeals to my old Zippie/High Times days.

I am not deluded enough to think an autocratic, union-busting, ally of Milliken and Schlafly, who is clueless (without ghostwriters) on issues of race, class, and gender, would actual be better than a centrist Democrat in the White House.

:-)

-Chip Berlet

Who, remember, gave Nader an easy chance to distance himself from the Buchananites...and Nader chose to duck the question.

Hey, somebody should get a tape of the ASA panel and my confrontation with Nader. Make for an interesting transcript.