Slobbo, Rwanda and the Surreal

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 7 21:29:57 PDT 2000

Leo Casey wrote:
>Now I thought that the latest incarnation of Heartfield's thesis was that yes
>a million people -- mostly Tutsis with a smattering of non-racist Hutus --
>were killed in 1994, but that, well, it wasn't really the racist Hutus fault,
>what with the Tutsi RPF waging a guerrilla war and shooting down the plane of
>Habyarimana. (And anyway, look at that dictatorial Kagame government keeping
>all those people in jail while they organize trials for genocide.) You know,
>just like the German conservative historians that Habermas took on: the
>Holocaust wasn't really the fault of the Nazi German state, it was forced
>upon them by the Stalinists to the East. But Yoshie, well, she seems to have
>Heartfield back where we started on this topic, where we're not even sure
>that it all happened.

See the articles listed in my post titled "Rwanda & the USA," if you are interested in discussing what happened & what is happening now and the role played by the U.S. government in them.

BTW, your obsession to paint critics of imperialism and the corporate media as if we were holocaust deniers shouldn't surprise me, and yet it is still remarkable for its being even more strident than the corporate media themselves.

Yoshie