"Exercise Found Effective Against Depression"

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Oct 11 08:27:15 PDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Carl Remick wrote:

> [Somebody – I forget who – was roundly denounced on this
> list a few weeks ago for suggesting that exercise might be
> useful in treating depression. Based on the following AP
> story, I think that person deserves an apology.

That would be Reese -- but he'll get no apology, he's not a Marxist.

> {BTW, Barry Rene DeCicco has voiced frustration several
> times about LBOers posting the entire text of articles
> rather than just their URLs. I’m not sure what practice to
> follow, since I believe posting the text itself is more
> convenient for many readers. At any rate, the following is
> an excerpt only; the whole article can be found at
> http://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/10/science/10FIT.html}]

I prefer the entire text of articles be posted, I have a functioning delete key for the ones I don't care to read. I particularly prefer that stories from the NYT be posted, because the link is worthless the following day, unless you're willing to pay them.

However, I vigorously agree with Barry about snipping all the 5 layers deep of bullshit off of replies, that get's very tiresome to try and wade through. Particularly with some of the more, umm, idiosyncratic, quoting methods some posters use.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com