Modern John Brown: Herbert Aptheker

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 13:16:58 PDT 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com writes
>In [Radosh's] misspent radical youth, he wrote a good book on US Labor and American
>Foreign Policy that is still worth reading. --jks

> Justin, does this go into the collaboration between the CIA and the AFL
in rebuilding Europe's postwar labour movement?

Yes.

In message <s9e448a6.062 at mail.ci.detroit.mi.us>, Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> writes

>I don't know anybody radical who thinks Gunnar Myrdal had any
>special insights on race in the U.S.

> Well, more fool them.

If it were true, which it is not, they would be fools. Myrdal's book is a great classic of sociology. I think he had great insights into race in America. You don't have to be radical to have insights (though it helps).

--jks