everything's really ok

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Oct 11 14:52:08 PDT 2000

>The most galling part is the line that says Nader thinks the IMF is too
>"generous and liberal." Brad, of course, puts himself in the category of
>those who want the IMF to be more generous.

He does. When I heard Nader talk--when I debated Marc Weisbrot--they said that the problem with the IMF was that it loaned money to countries in trouble and thus created moral hazard. No distinction between their position and that of Allan Meltzer or Robert Bartley. They think the problem with the IMF is that it "distorts" the capital market away from its optimal laissez-faire functioning...

F****** unbelievable.

Brad DeLong