everything's really ok

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Wed Oct 11 13:10:56 PDT 2000

The most galling part is the line that says Nader thinks the IMF is too "generous and liberal." Brad, of course, puts himself in the category of those who want the IMF to be more generous.

Right now, Brad's friends at the Treasury Department are feverishly lobbying the Congressional conference committee to kill a provision in the House IMF bill forbidding the Fund from imposing user fees on health-care and schools in poor countries. The Nader groups, meanwhile, are struggling to keep the provision.

In Brad's view, making poor people pay for vaccination shots is generous and liberal. Let them eat cake.