Said on American Zionism

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Oct 13 17:03:34 PDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Brad DeLong wrote:

> >And if there had been an interview the questions to me would have
> >been adversarial, hectoring, insulting, such as, why have you been
> >involved in terrorism, why will you not recognize Israel, why was
> >Hajj Amin a Nazi, and so on...
>
> These *do* seem like interesting questions. Why was Hajj Amin a Nazi?
> Why did Arafat's organization decide that killing olympic athletes
> was a peachy-keen thing to do? Why the prolonged refusal to recognize
> Israel?

Perhaps they are interesting in themselves. But how would you feel if someone came to interview you about the new economy and spent their time hectoring you about your debate with Tim Shorrock on North Korea -- and taking Tim's side? That would be roughly the equivalent of making these questions the center of an interview with Said about the peace process.

Michael