"guilty" and "innocent" (was Re: debates)

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 13 17:52:46 PDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:51:29 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> It takes force to bring Clinton & the American government to justice.

No amount of force can bring justice, because past injustice can never be made good again. Within this tragedy we cannot assume force to be our sole source of consolation, a consolation which is mere ideology in the face of adamant and principled behaviour of those with weapons.

The risk of the complete eclipse of democracy is a very real risk in a society where half the population does not vote.

ken