After the Autumn of the Patriarch (was Re: New Economy, Mid East)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 15 13:49:22 PDT 2000

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >If a two-state solution based on 1967 borders - roughly what was being
> >negotiated in the Peace Process - is not the settlement to be negotiated,
> >what does Yoshie and Jim see as the proper goal?
> >
> >-- Nathan Newman
>
> I'm not a Trotsky trying to direct the Fourth International from
> Columbus, Ohio (!). In the After the Autumn of the Patriarch series
> of posts, I'm trying to offer an analysis of the current conjuncture,
> not just of the Peace Process.

I think Yoshie's point can be underlined. The question is not what is the proper solution for the Paletinians to pursue -- that is their decision. The question is what is the proper policy for progressives in the imperialist center to pursue -- and the answer to that question is not complex but simple: unceasing and total support for the Palestinian struggle, unceasing and total opposition to racist and potentially genocidal Zionism.

Carrol