After the Autumn of the Patriarch (was Re: New Economy, Mid East)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 15 14:19:53 PDT 2000

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I think Yoshie's point can be underlined. The question is not what is the
>proper solution for the Paletinians to pursue -- that is their decision.

You say this often, but are the directly involved the only ones who have anything interesting or useful to say about a situation? This sounds like the standpoint thinking that most Marxists identitarians usually rail against. What about solidarity? What about our own implication in the situation of Palestines and the imperial strength of israel? If Arafat is really a bogus leader, shouldn't we point that out to an audience that might not know that? I suspect Palestinians have plenty interesting to say about what policy the U.S. should pursue. Is it only metropolitan leftists that are under this gag rule?

Doug