Bush pulls ahead against "big government"

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sun Oct 15 19:31:41 PDT 2000

Does anybody really read Eric Alterman? His stuff is sort of like "filler" isn't it. Got a big blank space in the magazine so you stick in Eric Alterman.:o) I'm sure Eric's a nice guy, but, to paraphrase George Washington Plunkitt, Tammany Leaders Not Bookworms. Not that there's anything wrong with reading. It's taking what you read seriously that loses elections.

I think they ought to get Matt Drudge to do a column in the Nation. I thought Drudges expose :o) of the Gore families treatment of their "mammy" was pretty good. Guaranteed to get a few votes south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Speaking of Buford's what kind of relationship did the Gore family have with legendary Tennessee sheriff Buford Pusser?

Tom